Friday, February 7, 2014

NCHSAA 2014 State Championships

This year's state swimming championships was bittersweet for me. It was my last meet swimming for Grimsley, which has always been one of my favorite things about high school. The team is really close and supportive of each other and has a better environment than my club swim team. It is something I'll miss the most next year.

We had already had a pretty good season leading up to the state meet. Both the boys and girls won the conference. The girls won Regionals and the boys placed third. Several records, including the 400 Free Relay for the men, had already been broken. I knew we had a chance to do great things, but that just made me even more nervous than usual before a meet.

Overall, the meet was a big success for the team. The boys 200 Medley Relay (on which I swam the freestyle leg in 21.70) won the bronze medal, setting a new school record. Our 200 free relay and 400 free relay also placed in the top eight. I wasn't as pleased with my individual event (I didn't make it back to finals) but all my other swims were very good. The girls team did well too, with two relays medaling. The girls had their best team finish in years and the boys improved our place from last year.

All in all, it was a great capstone to my senior year of swimming!
With our medals!

Me and my twin

No comments:

Post a Comment